Wednesday, June 11, 2014

"Leftover" Pizza



Pizza night is pretty much a weekday staple in this house.  Pizza is not as complicated as you may think!  Tonight we tossed leftovers on pizza crust and called it good.  My homemade pizza is always a little wonky, I have never got the hang of getting the crust perfectly round, but boy are they good! The girls always love pizza night because they can have whatever they want out of the fridge on them (this is my sneaky little way to get them to clean out the fridge)! Someday they will figure out they can have fruit on them instead of veggies and pizza night will forever change!


Tonight's pizza crust came pre made from the deli at WinCo.  But on a normal basis I use the Pizza Dough recipe from The Joy of Cooking.  I prepare it in my bread machine on the dough setting.  This takes about 90 minutes so if you are making it the day of you have to plan ahead.  You can also make the dough the night before and keep in in a zip bag in the fridge over night.

I buy pizza sauce either from the deli or in a jar in a pinch I'll use spaghetti sauce from the cabinet.

As for toppings, anything will work.  Anything!  Tonight we used a little bit of the stir fry veggies I chopped yesterday and saved for pizza night.  You can put pretty much any leftovers on a pizza crust and it will work.  Back before I became a vegetarian we would put leftover taco stuff on crust and have taco pizza.  We have also been known to put on leftover pulled pork, bbq chicken and even breakfast sausage for all you meat eaters.  We always have plenty of chopped veggies in the fridge to make pizza night work...if all else fails plain ol cheese is always a good option.

No comments:

Post a Comment